At the Overwaitea Food Group we’re guided by a simple but fundamental principle: running a responsible company means doing the right thing in every area of our business.
We have a history of taking the lead when it comes to making the world a better place and we’ll continue to do so in the future. We know that the way to make real positive change happen is with the actions we take everyday – whether it’s the products we buy, lending a hand to our local communities or how we support our team members - it all adds up.
Being responsible is not just what we do - it’s who we are. We’re committed to doing the right thing, every day.
We believe in
- being innovative, flexible, positive & respectful
- providing safe, healthy work environments
- supporting growth and development
- friendly, helpful and efficient service
We aspire to
- use 100% renewable energy
- build & run more energy efficient stores
- eliminate waste
- recycle 100% of cardboard, organics and plastics that come into our stores
- proud to be good neighbours supporting the communities we serve
- committed to children’s health, nutrition & education
- western canada’s #1 supporter of local growers, ranchers & suppliers
- to provide eco-friendly products and sustainable choices
- the items we sell meet stringent product integrity quality standards
- to continuously improve our ability to trace food suppliers through all stages of production and distribution
Click here to download the OFG Environmental Programs Fact Sheet.
Click here to download the 2012 Ipsos Reid Environmentally-Friendly Retailers Media Release.